We try to keep things simple. We hate spam. We hate trusting our information to companies and having that trust violated in practically every way imaginable.
- Ask for permission to use your device's location while you are on our site (when supported by your device). We are a map-driven web-service, after all :) The device location is sent to our servers so that we can have localized search results sent to our users.
- If such permission is granted, we send your devices latitude and longitude coordinates to our server which allows us to serve location-centric searches to your browser.
- Should you deny permission, our website will make a best effort at determining your location using non-device specific information such as IP address. This is often very unreliable and subject to many forms of inaccuracy.
- Notify you and ask for your permission to store information about you, which you provide to us
- Utilize industrial grade cryptographic techniques to encrypt sensitive information prior to storage
- Send a single confirmation email when you sign-up. We like to make sure someone's there which can help save our site from spam .
We will not
- Sell your personal information to anybody else.
- Contact you without your permission, except when explicitly required for website-related functions, such as registration, confirmation or security-related functionality.
- We occasionally:
- Provide desensitized, aggregate statistical information to third-parties or business owners for decision making purposes
- Review aggregate user information for purposes of website optimization or enhancement of our user experience.
- We might:
- Ask for permission to send you specials and non-critical announcements from time-to-time. When these become available they will always be disabled by default. We think this is the right way to protect your privacy and trust in us.
Third Party Disclaimer
Third Party scripts might be used, for example, to serve map graphics or potential advertisements which are used to support our site.
When such scripts are utilized, we have no control over their use of data which might be available by nature of simply being on the internet. Please be aware that this site has no control over third party scripts and ultimately is not responsible for how third parties may or may not use information available to them through use of such scripts on our site.
In some cases, open-source resources and scripts are utilized by this site for convenience. These scripts are very often extraordinarily well-written and as they are open-source they are subject to frequent peer-review, extensive documentation and frequent bug-fixes. We do our best to make sure the most recent, non-breaking version of such scripts are used. Wherever required by applicable copyright or usage directives, such scripts will be credited in the site documentation, most likely in this section.
What is a cookie?
- Briefly, a cookie is a small bit of text that can store information. It is a little file on your computer that contains little bits of information that the website stores there. This information is usually used for items such as authentication (eg, logging in) and saving information about your preferences.
Please use the search engine of your choice if you desire to learn more about cookies.